About Razia Myers
Razia’s Artistic journey much like Paul Klee’s, of someone whose career took him from music to the world of fine art. Until finding her artistic calling, Razia enjoyed a successful career in Information Technology.[IT]
Under the tutelage of Paul Birchall and later Jill Trappler at Ruth Prowse School Of Art, Razia’s expressive spirit resonated with Jill’s approach of comparing Art to a composition of musical notes.
Later she was awarded a Masterclass and Arts Residency Scholarship at the Jerusalem School of Arts In Italy, an intensive, incubator-like studio program for the highly motivated and gifted student, under Israel Hershberg, a Pratt Institute Fine Arts and Master’s graduate
Of her expressive work deeply spiritual, she attests much of her inspiration to the natural elements found in nature and finds they are inextricably linked.
- The Garden Show – Swains Yard Studios – Observatory May 2015
- Lisa King Gallery – Greenpoint July- August 2015
- Solo Exhibition at the V & A Waterfront – September 2015
- Group Exhibition – Artsauce Fine Art Materials – December 2015
- Solo exhibition – Women of Worth event 15 On Orange Hotel.
- Woman is Ubuntu Festival – February 2016
- Solo exhibition at Alliance Française du Cap – March 2016
- Group exhibition of Swains Yard Studios at Alliance Française du Cap – May 2016
- Masterclass and Arts Residency 6 weeks at the Jerusalem School of Arts in Italy July – August 2016
- Mentorship and Teaching program for Home From Home Foster Children ongoing June 2020 Ongoing
- Group exhibition African Super Studios – December 2020
- Group Exhibition Jaffer Modern Gallery – December 2020 – February 2021
- Group Saloon exhibition Spin Street Gallery – January 2021
- Home from Home Mentorship group exhibition Spin Street Gallery – February 2021